Tuesday, January 24, 2012

11 Thingamabobs

I got tagged by Christy @ Pedestrian Runner  and the Discom-BOB-ulated Runner, so I feel obligated and honored to participate.:)

This will be a nice diversion from taper and worrying about this damn injury. (It will be gone by Sunday.. It will be gone by Sunday, It will be gone Sunday...)

The rules of this post:
1. Post these rules.
2. You must post 11 random things about yourself.
3. Answer the questions set for you in their post.
4. Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
5. Go to their blog (FB page or other Social site) and tell them you’ve tagged them.

6. No stuff in the tagging section about you are tagged if you are reading this. You legitimately have to tag people!

1. I lived in Merida, Mexico for 2 years while I played professionally as a clarinetist in the Orquesta Sinfonia de Yucatan and taught music lessons. 

2.  I ran cross country in high school for 2 years, but was plagued by too many injuries so I quit before my senior year. I picked running back up in 2008 and havent looked back.

3.  Now I have an accounting degree, and do absolutely nothing with classical music. Currently I wish I was doing something in preventative medicine. There isn't enough emphasis on prevention, it;s all just take a pill for this and that... I hate that mentality.

4. I prefer running on the treadmill to running outside. Except for races :)

5. I grew up in the Tampa Bay, FL area and have also lived in South Carolina, California, and currently Illinois. Im a nomad... But my heart is in the San Francisco Bay area.

6.  I love food far too much. Sushi especially.  I really dislike pasta. Unless it has a creamy tomato or vodka sauce on it.

7. Xaarlin is my nickname, Its the way I think my real name would be spelled in Mayan if my name existed in Mayan, which it doesnt because "Charlyn" doesn't exist in many places. Which I LOVE. 

8. Craft beers are so delicious, and I love trying new ones when we go out. I prefer IPA's, but Pear Cider and Stouts are a close second.

9. I miss being able to drive to Napa and visit wineries.

10.  I take a POD (photo of the Day) everyday of somewhere in chicagoland and send it to my Daad since he doesn't live near me.

11. Im really thankful for my friends, both in real life, in the bloggy world and the people ive met in real life from the blog world. Its really amazing where this blog has taken me and the people I've met over the past year when my main goal for creating/ maintaining it  was to just share my adventures with my family spread out all over the US!

Now here are the questions from the Pedestrian Runner:

1. Which actor played James Bond the best?  Pierce Brosnan
2. Are you a cat person or a dog person? Dog. I love my CB
3. What is your favorite race to date? NYC Marathon 2002. My 1st marathon. I was blissfully unaware of what running and training for a marathon meant. But it was seriously fun.
4. Do you prefer beer or wine? Beer. Too many cool bars near me to drink hard to find brews.
5. What is the first race that you ever completed? St Paddys day 1 mile, when I was 9. Got 1st in my AG!
6. Do you have a coach to help you with your training? Not yet. I need to look into hiring a coach.
7. If you could compete in any long distance triathlon and race fees were not a factor would you choose IM or Rev 3 races? I would love to do a full IM. Once I get over my fear of cycling outside, and swimming in a lake...
8. How many blogging friends have you met in person? 4. SUAR, Stephanie, Junie B, and Britt All very cool ladies!
9. Who is going to win the Superbowl, New England Patriots or New York Giants? GO PATS!!
10. If you could meet one person alive or dead, who would it be? Dalai Lama
11. And finally the big question, do you prefer Star Wars or Star Trek?  Star wars if I have to chose :)

Here are my Q's for the next group:
1. Favorite Color:
2. What's your favorite season?
3. Do you have any pre-race superstitions?
4. Favorite food:
5. If you could run a race anywhere, what would it be?
6. Would you be doing a different career now, if you knew back then what you know now?
7. How many states have you traveled to?
8. What's one thing that scares you?
9. Where is your favorite place to workout?
10.  Would you want to live forever?
11. What's the best piece of advice you have received? 

Tag, you're it!

Junie B- @ All that Glitters 
 Katherine @ Neon Blonde Runner
Nelly on the Run 
Stephanie @ It's all Happening 
Laura Belle @ Beer, Dogs & Getting Healthier
Britt @ Chicago Runner Girl 
Meghan @ The Perfect Compilation Tape 
Ashley @ Redonkulous Runner 
Stefanie @ RUN ON! Lar @ Marathon Lar 
Christy @ My Dirt Road Anthem 
 

8 comments:

  1. I love Mexico and would love to live there.

    I, too, would rather run on a treadmill and many times I do. I run outside about once/week.

    I love Beer and love checking out new brews!

    I hope we are able to meet up someday!

    Have a great day and thanks for playing along.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG. I have been tagged! Loved this. It's fun to learn interesting tidbits about you.:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh oh...I'm tagged, I guess I'll deliver :). It is fun to learn fun facts about people when all you think they do is run!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY! Thanks for the tag! I cannot wait to post my answers!

    I hope you are feeling much better. I've been experiencing some groin issues too - soreness in inner thigh. This is the second time it has happened, and it always happens after yoga, so I assume I pulled something. Oy. I am sending you lots of healthy vibes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love that you love craft beers and how cool random that you lived in mexico playing music!!! accounting.. that sounds about as non-creative as my retirement/finance analyst job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that this is my first visit to your blog and I now know tons about you!!!!! :D

    I've never been to mexico but I've heard great things about it!

    feel better xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the tag, my dear old bloggie friend!!!

    I am going to fill this out, I took a little blogging hiatus and am getting back into it, catching up on the world :)

    ReplyDelete